IOSH-UK (INSTITUTION FOR OCCUPATIONAL SAFETY & HEALTH)
The Institution was founded in February 1945 and is an independent, not-for-profit organization. In 1945 the Institution of Industrial Safety Officers was formed from a division of RoSPA. It had around 500 members. As well as setting professional standards, the Institution supports and develops members and has publications providing advice and guidance on health and safety issues. The Institution achieved Chartered status in 2003 and has had the right to award individual Chartered status to members since 2005. In 2011 along with other Health and Safety bodies in the UK, IOSH developed the Occupational Safety & Health Consultants Register (OSHCR) to raise awareness and promote the use of certified health and safety consultants in the workplace. As the largest health and safety membership organization in the world, IOSH has more than 40,000 individual members in 99 countries. IOSH is one of the world's leaders in health and safety training – more than 130,000 people take one of their courses every year.
IOSH MANAGING SAFETY (V 5.0)
WHO IS IT FOR?
Health and safety training is a statutory requirement and IOSH Managing Safely (V 5.0) offers organisations a nationally recognised and respected certification for managers and supervisors in understanding of all aspects of health and safety management in the workplace.
This course will elevate the profile of health and safety and environmental issues at a management level within your organisation, which will aid:
- Greater productivity, as fewer hours are lost due to sickness and accidents when staff are appropriately trained
- Safety awareness and appreciation for safety measures working towards minimising your legal liabilities
- Active staff involvement to improve the workplace health and safety culture and improve behaviors
HOW IS IT DELIVERED?
Delivered in a classroom setting over 4 days by a team of professional and accredited IOSH health and safety trainers. An ideal setting providing high levels of contact time to share experiences with a view to aid understanding and obtain direct feedback.
THE COURSE COVERS
- Module 1 – Introducing Managing Safely
- Module 2 – Assessing Risks
- Module 3 – Controlling Risks
- Module 4 – Understanding Responsibilities
- Module 5 – Understanding Hazards
- Module 6 – Investigating Incidents
- Module 7 – Measuring Performance
THE ASSESSMENT PROCESS
- 25 question, multiple format assessment paper
- A risk assessment based project
When you pass, you’ll be awarded with an IOSH "Managing Safely" Certificate.