HABC LEVEL 2 AWARD IN FOOD SAFETY FOR MANUFACTURING
The Level 2 Award in Food Safety in Catering is a qualification aimed at caterers and other food handlers. The qualification is intended for learners already working in catering and those who are preparing to work in the industry. Learners gaining this qualification will know that food safety is the responsibility of everyone involved in the storage, preparation, cooking service and handling of food. Its topics are regarded by the Foods Standards Agency as being important to maintaining good practice in the production of safe food.
HABC Accredited and Registered Lead AuditorsThis qualification is ideal for anyone working in the catering and hospitality industry (or those about to start work in the industry). Subjects covered include hazards and controls, food safety management and temperature controls, food poisoning control, personal hygiene, cleaning and disinfection, food pests, and the role of the food handler in keeping food safe.
Who Should Attend
The regulated qualification is designed for people who work, or intend to work in food or drink production. In addition to the fundamentals of food safety, candidates will gain an appreciation of the specific types of hazards, controls and monitoring associated with food manufacture.
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN ?
- An introduction to Food Safety
- The law
- Food safety hazards
- Taking temperature
- Refrigeration, chilling and cold holding of foods
- Cooking, hot holding and re-heating of foods
- Food handlers
- Principles of safe food storage
- Food premises of equipment
- Effective personal hygiene practices, for example use of protective clothing, dealing with personal illnesses, cuts and wounds
- An effective hand-washing technique
- How to keep the work area and equipment clean and tidy to include waste disposal and methods of cleaning and disinfection
- Temperature monitoring procedures
- Safe preparation and serving practices to include the selection of suitable utensils and equipment, controlling the risks associated with high-risk foods, the separation of raw and high-risk food.
There are no prerequisites for this qualification.
It is assessed by a multiple-choice examination, in which the learner must answer correctly at least 20 out of 30 questions. The examination will take a maximum of 1 hour to complete.
Delegates successfully completing the course, including examination, will be awarded an HABC registered Certificate + Certification Card from Quality Academy
HABC Accredited and Registered Lead Auditors
01 day / 08 hrs.